Modern Slavery Policy
This policy applies to all persons working for D&H Direct Ltd or on our behalf, including employees at all levels, directors, agents, contractors, agency workers and suppliers.
D&H Direct Ltd strictly prohibits modern slavery and human trafficking in our operations and supply chain. We have and will continue to be committed to implementing systems and upholding controls aimed at ensuring that modern slavery is not taking place anywhere within our organisation or in any of our supply chains.
Modern Slavery and Trafficking
Modern slavery is a term used to encompass slavery, servitude, forced and compulsory labour, bonded and child labour and human trafficking. Human trafficking is where a person arranges or facilitates the travel of another person with a view to that person being exploited. Modern slavery is a crime and a violation of fundamental human rights.
Our Organisation and Supply Chains
D&H Direct Ltd offices are based in the UK supported by regionally based operational facilities. Our supply chain supports locally sourced products as well as products manufactured in Asia, Europe, and the Middle Eastern areas.
Our policies are reviews by and signed by our Managing Director.
As a company, we expect everyone working with us or on our behalf to support and uphold the following measures to safeguard against modern slavery:
- We have a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery and trafficking in our organisation and our supply chains.
- The prevention, detection, and reporting of modern slavery in any part of our business or supply chain is the responsibility of all those working for us or under our control. All workers must avoid any activity that might lead to, or suggest, a breach of this policy. If you believe or suspect a breach of this policy has occurred or that it may occur, you must notify your manager.
- As part of our contracting processes, we include specific prohibitions against the use of forced, compulsory or trafficked labour, or anyone held in slavery of servitude, and we expect that our suppliers will hold their own suppliers to the same high standards.
- We take risk-based approach to our contracting processes and keep them under review. Using our risked based approach, we ensure we manage the highest risk suppliers and contractors as a priority.
- As part of our ongoing risk-based approach, we will undertake, where circumstances warrant, an independent third-party audit of suppliers for their compliance with this policy and their social compliance.
- If we find that individuals or organisations working on our behalf have breached this policy,we will ensure that we take appropriate action. Consideration will be given to the possibility of recommendation. Any worker who is found to have breached this policy, will face disciplinary action, which could result in dismissal for misconduct or gross misconduct. We may terminate our relationship with individuals or organisations working on our behalf if they are found to have breached this policy.
We are committed to engaging with our stakeholders and suppliers to address the risk of modern slavery in our operations and supply chain.
We are committed to maintain a work environment in which all feel welcome and free of harassment, discrimination or other improper conduct. Each worker must respect the human rights, dignity and privacy of the individual and the right of the employees to freedom of association, freedom of expression and right to be heard. This policy helps third parties understand, follow and meet our expectations for them to:
- Always respect the human rights, dignity, and privacy of the individual.
- Not use forced, bonded, indentured, child or involuntary prison labour.
- Prohibit any threat of violence, harassment and intimidation.
- Provide a workplace free of harassment and discrimination; and provide access to recommendation, compensation, and justice for victims of modern slavery.
- Build a diverse workforce based on an employee’s qualifications and abilities needed for the work to be performed.
- Observe applicable laws and regulations governing wages, work hours including no compulsory overtime.
Communication And Awareness Of This Policy
D&H Direct Ltd is committed to a continuous improvement approach with our employees, suppliers, and customers. Employee induction includes company policies, such as Modern Slavery Policy and departmental procedures. All employees have access to a full suite of online training resources, and further in-depth training is given where relevant.
This statement is approved by